Why the heated room?
Why the heat?
The room is intentionally heated to 38 degrees to warm up the body and assist with circulation, promoting detoxification and providing optimum conditions to improve the functions of the body's internal systems.
The heat provides a challenging environment which increases your strength, concentration, endurance and stamina. It also allows you to work safely and deeply into the postures, giving faster results.
Here are 10 good reasons:
- Warm muscles burn fat more effectively.
- When we stretch fat it has no where to sit so it redistributes back to the blood stream to then be reused as energy.
- Speeds up the breakdown of glucose and fatty acids.
- A warmer temperature produces a fluid like stretch that allows for greater range of motion in the joints.
- Heart rate becomes elevated which improves the cardiovascular system (heart and lungs).
- Blood becomes thinner which clears the circulatory system.
- Promotes sweating which assists the detoxification process using the body's largest organ (the skin)
- Muscles, fascia and connective tissue become more elastic allowing for greater flexibility with less chance of injury.
- Capillaries respond to heat by dilating, this allows more oxygen to muscles, tissues glands and organs helping with the removal of waste products.
- Teaches you determination, and focus in a challenging environment.